General DiscussionHi, I'm John

If a particular subject is popular I'll make a new sub-forum and move relevant topics there :thumbsup:
Topic Starter
Restless Rancor
Great Britain

Site Admin

Hi, I'm John

Post by Restless Rancor » October 16th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Hi, I'm John.
I've used the phpBB forum software for almost ten years now: I started the experience by creating a free forum at the then #1 Free Forum host, which used a modified version of phpBB 3.0.7, and quickly learned everything there was around their system. I was a member of their support team for a couple of years and knew the customized ACP like the back of my hand.

The step up to the full version of phpBB wasn't terrible and I quickly learned the previously unavailable features in the ACP, but only ever became proficient in installing modifications and template changes- I didn't learn the php side of the language.

Over the years I dabbled with making tweaks, but never documented my progress, until today. I don't claim to be an expert and I work and study un-related subjects full time, so my progress is going to be slow, but my goal is to learn the language to an intermediate level and be able to create my own extensions.

If you can't tell, I'm a big Star Wars fan and when I have time I enjoy reading the Legend or Canon novels. I originally studied film and media at college and still hold a keen interest in cinema/television.

Welcome to my forum :thumbsup:

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Topic Subscribers

1 user subscribed to this topic: Restless Rancor